Tim Autrey challenges the status quo when it comes to LEADING Performance Improvement.
He bolted from the ‘starting blocks’ of his journey into Human Performance when he read Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich and Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. He was ten years old.
As a young adult, Tim enlisted in the US Navy. Aboard the USS Ohio, he found the isolated conditions of top-secret nuclear submarine patrols to be a fantastic ‘laboratory’ for studying human behavior. In 1984, Tim was recognized as Pacific Northwest’s “Sailor of the Year”.
Tim then moved from the nuclear Navy to commercial nuclear power generation. Responsibilities during his 20-year tenure included training licensed nuclear operators, plant operations, risk management, and leading regulatory affairs, corrective action, and the improvement of human performance.
In the early 2000’s, Tim developed, implemented, and oversaw a Nuclear Plant Performance Improvement effort that generated a sustained 87.5% reduction in human error rates.
Following this success, Tim founded the Practicing Perfection Institute, Inc. (PPI). Since 2006, he and the PPI Team have served more than 100,000 Team Members and their Leaders in organizations around the globe- helping them achieve best-ever improvements in Reliability, Efficiency, Productivity, and Safety.
PPI’s unparalleled track record of Client Successes includes:
• 57.5% reduction in worker turnover
• 72% sustained reduction in human error rates
• 80% reduction in bargaining unit grievances
• 35% increase in ‘bottom-line’ profits (small business implementation)
As a recognized Thought-Leader in Performance Improvement, Tim continues to Innovate, to Lead, to Publish, and…to challenge the status quo…
• He authored EPRI’s Human Performance Guideline in 2010
• In 2014, he and his wife provided the funds for startup of the Human Performance Association
• His first best-selling book, 6-Hour Safety Culture, was published in 2015
• He hosts the Principle-Based Performance Improvement™ Podcast- REPSradio.com
• He developed the first-ever Human Performance BASIC Training iLearning Course
• He and his Team opened PPI LAB in 2020
• PPI Studio now provides full-spectrum online Performance Improvement Learning Options
• He is an Emmy Award and Telly Award-winning producer
• Tim has been seen on CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX networks
• His next book, Principle-Based Performance Improvement™, will be published in Summer 2023